• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem with Perf-Cut

toomeycustoms

I'm running into a problem when I try to perf-cut decals on my Roland SC-545 using Versaworks. The corners, usually only 1 or 2, are pulled up a tad. This makes it difficult to separate them as they aren't fully cut in that spot. Has anyone run into this problem?

My perf cut control settings in versaworks are:

Npl: .02"
PL: 1.00"
PP: 210 gf

Attachments

• perf-cut.jpg
    perf-cut.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 172

Pete

Hey, I'm new to digital printing, so please forgive me if it sounds like I'm telling you how to suck eggs...

Perhaps one of the following suggestions may help:

1. Before anything, see if the same thing happens with another similar square cut print job.
If yes, try the following:
- Increase the cutting pressure
- Replace blade, it may be blunt

If not, try the following:
- Re-format artwork with a new cutpath using illustrator or CorelDraw for example?

Good luck!

J

john1

Yeah man, this is why i make all corners and bends rounded.

I can't get my SP300 to cut without doing what is in your photos no matter how slow it cuts or light or heavy the pressure is.

Seems like it's terrible with multiple laminates that i have tried (3m, oracal) but if its a print/cut job with no lam it's no problem.

Custom_Grafx

It may very well be the nature of a drag-knife cutter like the majority of cutters out there. I don't think tangential (not sure if this is the correct word/spelling) would have these problems - well not as bad anyway, as they lift on corners and change direction then come down again. I know Gerbers work this way, but maybe the Summas do too?

Custom_Grafx

Oh, and as for a possible fix - not sure to what avail, but you may play with the offset parameters so that it comes out of the corner a bit more before turning 90deg. Long shot.

scuba_steve2699

on all perf cut jobs it is best to round the corners so that you do not have this issue. I run a cutline on mine and then contour out for the perfcut line and round everything on that. This also gives a nice edge for the customer to peel from.

Pete

Try a 60 degree angle cutting blade to solve problem?

Hey, I just thought of something. The standard cutting blade is set at 45 degree angle. There's always going to be a little drag when making a right angle turn. One way to eliminate drag is to use a 60 degree blade angle. Less of the blade surface area is in contact with the media which means less snagging. We all know the Roland cutting blades are expensive. I use www.cleancutblade.com. They are about a third of the cost and are just as good.

signscharlotte

Check your feed rollers. Worn feed rollers will skew the print as it feeds the print in and out of the machine. Make sure you use as many feed rollers as you can and remember to allow time for the print to dry so that you don't track.