• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem with plotter

Ricsy84

I have an old chinese cutter plotter.Today i want to cut in Artcut 2005 and when i load the plotter not cutting exactly.I use the general cutting force but missing the fonts and dont cut so deep
SOMEBODY HAVE AN IDEA WHAT CAN BE THE PROBLEM?

Attachments

• 20201222_112302.jpg
    20201222_112302.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 178

Ricsy84

I have an old chinese cutter plotter.Today i want to cut in Artcut 2005 and when i load the plotter not cutting exactly.I use the general cutting force but missing the fonts and dont cut so deep
SOMEBODY HAVE AN IDEA WHAT CAN BE THE PROBLEM?
Another picture

Attachments

• 20201222_112746.jpg
    20201222_112746.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 109

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Cutting strip can have wear and tear and sometimes needs to be replaced.
Just replacing the knife doesn't help if the strip is shot.

Ricsy84

Can be other problem?The cutter can t cut so beautiful there are places where cut deeper or at other places only a bit..
Use coreldraw and artcut 2005.Is there a setting in Artcut which resolve this problem?

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
If you're in business, you're using the wrong equipment.

When most of your time is spent trying to get equipment to work, you're not cutting stone.

And if you're not cutting stone, you're not getting paid.

See if you can find a Gerber GS or HS plotter. You'll thank yourself later.
(They last well beyond 25 years and have very few issues. I don't know how GSP ever managed to stay in business building a plotter so well)

JB

netsol

ricsy84
you don't mention whose plotter it is (just chinese)
many cutting strips can be turned upside down, (or turned 90 degrees) to expose a fresh virgin surface. if you can do this, you would have immediate gratification

Ricsy84

Yes guys can t speak so good english..
I have a new cutter plotter.I want to repair it to have 2 ...
Have to order a cutting strip.WHAT DO YOU THINK MEMBERS THIS CAN BE THE PROBLEM FOR CUTTING WELL.Have to adjust the blade or do it automaticly??
Sorry for my bad english...

Last edited:

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
james, i was trying to drive home the point that if he flips the cutting strip, he will be back to cutting normally.

I totally understand. Here in the US, "gratification" has other connotations associated with it.

JB

ikarasu

cutting strip.

It amazes me how often they get overlooked and never changed. One accidently too deep cut and the strip is garbage and. A uses the issues you're having... And even if you never cut too deep, it still gets worn out.

Replacing the strip should.be part of your maintenance.... Whether it's every month because you cut rolls, or every 6-12 months because your strip stays prestine. They're cheap, and even if your strip is cutting fine... A new strip can save you tons of time in weeding. It's worth a switch every once in awhile.

Ricsy84

cutting strip.

It amazes me how often they get overlooked and never changed. One accidently too deep cut and the strip is garbage and. A uses the issues you're having... And even if you never cut too deep, it still gets worn out.

Replacing the strip should.be part of your maintenance.... Whether it's every month because you cut rolls, or every 6-12 months because your strip stays prestine. They're cheap, and even if your strip is cutting fine... A new strip can save you tons of time in weeding. It's worth a switch every once in awhile.
Thanks for the answer.Have to order the cutting strip.Somebody have the same problem and resolved with this replacing?
CAN T BELIEVE..Can adjust the blade?I replace with a new one...

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Dude there's like 6 people saying to you that the cutting strip can be the issue and you are still asking.
Yes it has fixed issues just like this.