• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem with Signlab

Had to reinstall Signlab after computer repair. Using Signlab 5 revision 6.3 on Vista. Have checked password several times, all l get is 'Error locating security device 1'

This has been in use for 15 years since my retirement with no problem until now, used mainly for small notices and signs for car show etc, much too handy to loose.

Any help would be appreciated

Richard

jcskikus

Owner, Designer & Installer
Sounds like the SignLab software cannot find the dongle. Does Windows see it? Also, besides the dongle, did you back up your license files elsewhere?

Vassago

Sounds like the dongle drivers aren't installed or it's been damaged. Easily done as they are usually usb and easily knocked.

SignTDF

Had to reinstall Signlab after computer repair. Using Signlab 5 revision 6.3 on Vista. Have checked password several times, all l get is 'Error locating security device 1'

This has been in use for 15 years since my retirement with no problem until now, used mainly for small notices and signs for car show etc, much too handy to loose.

Any help would be appreciated

Richard
Check\reinstall the dongle driver.
The dongle driver is not installed\not installed properly or not compatible with Win Vista,