• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem with the sensor OMAS cleaning L26500

dusten

Hi.

I have a problem with my L26500. It says that the OMAS sensor needs cleaning.
I have cleand it servera times with acohol I still complain that the OMAS sensor needs clening,

Has anyone here suggest what can be done about this?

/Mikael.

FrankW

There is no detector for a dirty OMAS-Sensor. To clean it is a suggestion if it won't work properly, but this could have some other reasons too. For example, if using transparent media or media with a very smooth backing (e. g. PET), the OMAS Sensor will not work even if it's dirty or not.

So if you have really cleaned the OMAS-Sensor without any results, it could be a problem of the backing of your media.

sowinski_t

This is true that there are a number of reasons for a "dirty OMAS" sensor message. I've found on my machine that even after cleaning, sometimes it is necessary to actually restart the machine to "force" it to recheck the sensor I guess. If you're using media with an opaque backer, and you've cleaned it correctly, a restart should get everything back to normal. Good luck!

darrellcarpenay

I've experienced problems with the OMAS sensor on my HP 365. I believe it's mostly a media issue for me - Reflective or cheap banner. Try calibrating again or advancing substrate to calibrate at a different area of the substrate.