• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem with Transparent logo to Brochure

scootinbob

I have Omega 3.0 and Im trying to make these brochures up, well when I save the file as a tif and import it to the brochure the logo is trasparent but the background to the logo is in white and not the color of the brochure. Isnt there an easy fix for this problem. Im stumped

DrCAS

I know how to set up a transparent background in Photo Paint. I am not sure if you can do it in Omega or not.

Save the file as a GIF instead... set the background as transparent... I did it to my signature logo.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The TIF format is primarily intended for flattened images and is not generally used with the latest variation of that format which does support transparency. Omega, I'm sure does not support it because Omega is not an image editing application.

The first question is do you have Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator or CorelDRAW? The second question is about the image you are attempting to export out of Omega ... Is it a vector, an image or a hybrid? The third question is what application are you doing the brochure in?

If it is a vector, then export it out as an EPS and your background will not be present. If it is an image, it will require a vector and a masking of the vector to the image to eliminate the background and then an exporting of both in a format that supports masks. If you have Photoshop you can easily save the image in a format that supports transparency. Those format are Photoshop PSD, PNG, GIF and recently added TIF with transparency. If you don't have the ability to create a transparency supported format, then your only option would be to make the background in the brochure white, in which case everything gets easier.

I would recommend you look at what formats are supported by the application you are creating the brochure layout in and use the highest quality one. GIF as suggested by DrCas would be, IMO, a poor choice because the quality is the lowest of any of the formats that support transparency.