• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem with Vinyl Express R-24 plotter. and LXI 8.5

chris.carreiro

hi looking fro some info about why my plotter is making incomplete cuts and some cuts right through everything as if it was traveling to the next point and didnt lift up the knife... im using LXi trying all different clipart documents basic text and still the plotter says its finished but it doesnt finish all the cuts or makes extra ones.. thanks for the help in advance!

S

SignTech

did you check poll size before cutting? Do you have anything stuck in your blade? Did you reset your computer and cutter? Everything within your panel?

It's not the machine or software most likely .....

chris.carreiro

Yep reset both plotter and PC. checked blade and nothing is stuck or in the axis. dont know how to go about checking poll size?

S

SignTech

Yep reset both plotter and PC. checked blade and nothing is stuck or in the axis. dont know how to go about checking poll size?

Checking your poll size and panel is pretty important. Gives you a good as to what is being cut.

Sometimes the blade will "scratch drag" because of a blade problem, holder problem, down force problem or a glitch in the software or item being cut. Make sure your blade drops within the holder smoothly .... do you have a manual? Read up on polling .......

Ohh and we do not use USB on these model cutters ... not recommended on older models ... not sure what year model you have.

Color Dude

Chris

Have you emailed Signwarehouse to see if they can help you out? That is who you purchased that cutter from on eBay, right? They only offer email support but if your lucky enough to get Jonathan to email you back, I am sure he can get you fixed up.

Jim Doggett

Chris

Have you emailed Signwarehouse to see if they can help you out? That is who you purchased that cutter from on eBay, right? They only offer email support but if your lucky enough to get Jonathan to email you back, I am sure he can get you fixed up.

Good answer. For R Series support, email jonathan.gripp@signwarehouse.com. He's the tech that evaluated the product originally; he knows it better than anyone.

Good luck.