• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem with Window Perf and Optically clear laminate installation

Narin

I have not applied much window perf and this is the first time I applied window perf with optically clear laminate. Customer has 4 big windows 74" w x 97" high, south facing. Looking for something to block the light coming in but also be able to see out. We printed graphics on 60/40 window perf and applied optically clear laminate. On site we cleaned the windows and apply dry using felt squeezes.

The squeeze marks left in the laminate did not disappear after a week in the sun and look quite bad when the sun reflected off the windows. Unfortunately this is all day long. The other problem is the shadow on the inside is not flat but textured. The issues appears to be with the laminate but our supplier has no answer for us.

Any ideas. Has anyone else had these problems?

cobo_design

Imaginative art ga
3M Brand

HI, Use the:

[h=1]3M™ Scotchcal™ Optically Clear Overlaminate 8914, 54 in x 50 yd, is the best one in the market[/h]

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Optically clear laminate is not very forgiving when it comes to little scratches from the squeegee. It may add too much cost and/or time to the job but I would mask it with cheap transfer tape and then remove it once it is installed all the way.

DirtyD

If it is squeegee streakes you see on the laminate - they will go away sometimes it takes a few weeks - as for the shadow not sure what you mean

Dennis422

Make sure u use squeegee with a new wet-edge tape on it. One with worn or a regular felt tape might damage or scratch the laminate.
Use quality squeegee for the install.