• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem with window perf

My customer is having a problem with window perforated film from Clear Focus. It is their economy line.

It has only been up since January, and there are small parts of the print that have come away.

I'm wondering if it is a material issue, or an installation issue...

Any ideas?
(hopefully the pics are attached)

Attachments

• IMG00391.jpg
    IMG00391.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG00396.jpg
    IMG00396.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 146

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Those should be fairly simple to get back down if they werent laminated. Maybe some edgeseal on those areas would work to keep it down.

WrapperX

Are you using the Curvalam or the economy lam? We don't even use the economy lam any more because we've had soo many problems with it not staying down. I don't know if its a tension thing in the process of lamination and is resulting in the pull up or if its just the product...either way.

Sticky Signs

Looks like it's close enough to the edge of the print that you could just pull it back up from the corner and re-apply it. I'd use a heat gun on it too. You could also try a primer but I think that would "frost" the lam...

Are you using the Curvalam or the economy lam? We don't even use the economy lam any more because we've had soo many problems with it not staying down. I don't know if its a tension thing in the process of lamination and is resulting in the pull up or if its just the product...either way.

I'm not sure what laminate he used. I supplied him with the material (the window perf), he did not buy the overlaminate from us.

daveb

General Know-it-all
First and foremost I see you're from Toronto, what was the temperature when it was applied? Toronto in January, I see a problem there, did the customer apply it? How did he prep the window? Did he use heat when he applied it? There are a lot of variables but I would say application to cold glass was the main cause.

First and foremost I see you're from Toronto, what was the temperature when it was applied? Toronto in January, I see a problem there, did the customer apply it? How did he prep the window? Did he use heat when he applied it? There are a lot of variables but I would say application to cold glass was the main cause.

We barely had a winter this year, although I'm sure some days were below freezing. It's hard to say, but I have thought of it. Though, in my opinion it wouldn't explain why the material is coming away in such a small area. I doubt that he used heat, as it was a window and I don't see why he would have needed to (though I only sell the stuff, I rarely use it).

As far as chemicals, that's my suspicion. He claims to have used an alcohol based cleaner, and wiped it down.

CanuckSigns

Very interesting, I noticed you are from TCT, we bought a bunch of this same perf off of your company around January, it is currently experiencing the exact same problem, it was laminated with your optically clear laminate, I would be very interested to hear the results of this.

Scott