• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problematic Vulture

W

wetgravy

So ... it's been more than a week without and hour or two of sleep ... And I'm just not liking how this vulture head is turning out. it's going to be worked into a different design for a screen print ... but right now I think the part that is killing me is if I should seperate the head and neck some. In b/w it looks great. slightest bit of color .. not so much. Any helpful tips would be appreciated.

edit: added the b/w image.

Attachments

• vulture-head.jpg
    vulture-head.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 132
  • vulture-head2.jpg
    vulture-head2.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 104

Marlene

try adding the red and the beak color but leave the neck as it is in the black & white. also try different shades of red, more like a PMS200 or 186 and for the beak maybe 142 so the colors are brighter and lighter

W

wetgravy

try adding the red and the beak color but leave the neck as it is in the black & white. also try different shades of red, more like a PMS200 or 186 and for the beak maybe 142 so the colors are brighter and lighter

That's awesome. I really didn't check the exported jpg ... the colors I have is almost dead on to those pantone colors. I will play with the neck being white though ... really haven't thought of that.

i like it much better without the outline... the outline makes the head look stuck on.

That is the feeling I was getting too, though in the sketches it looks epic. must be missing something somewhere.

Maybe in the next week my insomnia won't be killing me And I'll actually get around to finishing a rough design (next is drawing a carcass, and a few other elements)