• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problems after changing black head

allaboutsigns

Hello - New to to this forum. I have a Mutoh Falcon Outdoor Jr. We just changed the black head and followed manual to do adjustments. Problem is that when I go to print a banner lets say 22" on 24" material it will not center on my material. It starts printing maybe 1 1/2" from the right and 1/4" from left. I had been trying to fix this for days. Any suggetions -- production is really behind do to this.

Cy Fan

Where does it start printing if you were to not center the print and had it set to, say a right align?

allaboutsigns

It is set to right and down. With the little red arrows. It still will start printing over about 1 1/2" I did all the adjustments after changing black head. I just don't know out of all the adjustment which one would make it move over to the right to much? I did learn that in my rip software it prints bi-directional so I should just worry about that adjustment but when I make changes it still is the same.

Does any one know about the cw adjustment or the cw-md and if those matter?

Or who can I call to just come fix this. Production down and that is not good.

Thanks.

Jackpine

When you do a nozzle check does it print to the edges? It should default to about 1/2" on each end. If it does then it is not in the printer but Flexi. Check in the production manager for the x y positions. That may be the problem. There is an adjustment done in the service mode to "fine tune" align the print head with the other print head. When you do a nozzle check is the black box lined up with the cmy block? The manual adjustments lets you get real close. For most printing it will be good but for small detail printing you will see the offset. On my printer it was a very small magenta line on the left side of a shape. I had a tech do the firmware adjusting.
It is set to right and down. With the little red arrows. It still will start printing over about 1 1/2" I did all the adjustments after changing black head. I just don't know out of all the adjustment which one would make it move over to the right to much? I did learn that in my rip software it prints bi-directional so I should just worry about that adjustment but when I make changes it still is the same.

Does any one know about the cw adjustment or the cw-md and if those matter?

Or who can I call to just come fix this. Production down and that is not good.

Thanks.