• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problems banding in cyan

exponente

Good morning, attached is a printing test of my Roland SP-300 machine, where you can clearly see banding in cyan. When we are printing in bi-directional mode the problem is at the left side and when we are working in uni-directional mode the problem goes to the right side. In both cases the problem begins in the oposite side bat nearly good. The nozzle check is looks fine, has no nozzle jammed.

Another thing I've noticed that the cyan spray and blends.

Could be the dumpers, I´ve never change them?

Could be the head?

Could be temperature in the head too and dryer??

Help please, thank you very much.

foto0048fn.jpg

Last edited:

dsv118

whats your print speed at ... IE standard, high speed?

I highly doubt its you any hardware issue ... I have personally seen this before and 9/10 its simple adjustments that will fix this ...

Gabriel

Hello!

Can you post a picture of a nozzle check(test print??). How old is the printer? Have you ever changed dampers, cap-tops?

It has nothing to do with the temperature in the printhead or dryer. Worst case scenario : blocked nozzles --- new printhead :Oops:.
In Spain you will be able to receive it from one day to another from Digi-Print Supplies in Belgium (it's cheaper than the local dealers and they sell original stuff).

Last edited:

exponente

Photo Test Print

Can you post a picture of a nozzle check(test print??). How old is the printer? Have you ever changed dampers, cap-tops?

It has nothing to do with the temperature in the printhead or dryer. Worst case scenario : blocked nozzles --- new printhead :Oops:.
In Spain you will be able to receive it from one day to another from Digi-Print Supplies in Belgium (it's cheaper than the local dealers and they sell original stuff).

Print the test here ....(The black head is quite bad but if the cyan is pretty good, banding do not know why this happens?)

The machine is about 8 or 9 years ...

I've never changed the dumpers and the cap-tops ...

Any solutions?

foto0052y.jpg

exponente

whats your print speed at ... IE standard, high speed?

I highly doubt its you any hardware issue ... I have personally seen this before and 9/10 its simple adjustments that will fix this ...

Standar 720 dpi.

Adjustments? I've adjusted the bi-directional and alignment. There are more some kind of adjustment?

Gabriel

My oppinion..

First of all, you should try to take a cleaning stick with solvent on it and smoothly press the printhead surface. If this will not work, grab a syringe and pull hard through the cap top tube when the printing carriage it's in his parking position. Do that opperation couple of times and see if there's a change. If there is a change, put some cleaning cartridges instead of Black and Cyan and make him a cleaning procedure with the syringe (20 ml) - pull 7-10 times not too hard. After that, leave it for 20 minutes with the cleaning liquid inside the prinhead, and pull 5 more times after. Put back the ink cartridges and pull the ink back into the printhead. Perform 1 powerfull cleaning and...this is it!
If this will not work, then..you'll have to buy another printhead. That is not a damper or cap-top problem. There are some clogged nozzles there.
IT'S TIME to invest in your printer.
If you have acess to the service menu, you should check how "tired" is that print head. The manufacturer says that should last 6 bilions Kshot/nozzle(with original ink-ESL-Max).
Everybody has problems on Black because that color is the less used from them all.
I think you should replace also the dampers and the cap-tops. Those must be replaced from 6 to 6 months(dampers) / 12 to 12 months(cap-tops). I guess you were very lucky that you escaped from nasty situations until now.

dsv118

Yes there are several adjustments in service mode that will fix your banding ... But that not your only problem here ... Listen to Gabriel, she stated very good instructions for getting your print head to fire properly again ... miss firing print head is your second problem ... Even though there are some lines missing in your black, you dont have much to worry about ... I have brought our printers back to life that had about 90% of CMYK colors missing ... as for the banding, most of the adjustments you will do such as verticle, horizontal, bi-directional, and bi-directional defualt will help to eliminate and virtually eliminate any bleeding or haze effect you notice around the edge of your prints ... getting the print heads to fire properly by cleaning them throughly will also reduce your banding considerably.

Take a note from Gabriel ... its time to invest in your machine ... feel privlaged that you went 8 or 9 years without an issue ... our company didnt make it a month and our was the only printer that was ever purchased directly from roland themselves.

exponente

I am a guy, actually :doh:.

hank you very much guys, I might say first as I ment in the service menu of the machine, give me a "north?

And second, according to Gabriel say might have stuck the nozzle of cyan, and then it goes well in the test printing?

Sorry for my English .. :)

Gabriel

If so...

If the test print is ok, and the print on cyan is fading in time, for sure is the damper. The thing lost it's elasticity and does not handle the printing speed. But in that image you have serious problems on Black what might be the clogged nozzles. If Cyan is fading pass by pass, then you have a problem with the damper on Cyan. :smile:
In this situation,(you haven't changed anything for 8-9 years!!!!!!) you should change all dampers and the cap-tops on Group A and B.:smile:

exponente

ok, I'll change the dumper and the cap-tops, any of you tell me how to enter the service mode if the banding persists?. It's something I do not know and I've never tried.

Thank you very much!!

Gabriel

I'll help you with that

Of course. The service menu code is not a secret anymore.
If you need a supplier for the spare parts, try DigiPrint Supplies. They will send you the stuff right away. I work with this guys for more than 2 years by now. They have NEVER disappointed me. More than that, if you are a faithful client they give you generous discounts. Lucky me ----- I'm an independent technician:smile:.

dsv118

I am a guy, actually :doh:.

My bad .... didn't realize I put a she in my wording ... :ROFLMAO: Sorry dude!

For anyone else who may be looking for parts at a cheap price with good service ... We use MacMedia ... they have a website and they are very good at getting you what you need ... faithful customers of 2 years and they have never let us down

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
I agree with Gabriel's advice except on one account. You do not want to pull hard on the print head through the cap. You take a chance on fracturing the print head internally! I speak from the voice of experience having had this happen on a brand new print head.

Gabriel

True..

You might cause damage to the quartz crystals inside the print-head. But if you do that carefully, it's ok! :goodpost: Jim