• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problems cutting vinyl

stillhasdust

I have an ioline classic and am using flexi to cut out of but I keep getting stuff like this....(please check picture)

Attachments

• sample cut.jpg
    sample cut.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 76

petepaz

i have a gerber plotter and every once in a while i will get stuff like that
1-restart plotter and computer
2-check calibration of plotter
3-recreate file and try again from scratch
usually one of those options works
but not sure why that happens to begin with

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
check to make sure (if it's punched material) that the punch is correct and that material is feeding off the sprockets...if so....SLOW DOWN the cutting

DTFuqua

I made the mistake of getting th3e student/teacher version of corel and couldn't get the cutting master plugin to work so I bought flexi starter to just cut with. Problem is the flexi doesn't import the same as exported using .dxf format. I shouldn't have bought the flexi. I think its a piece of crap. Just wish the support from graphtec would have gotten back to me before I bought it (flexi) and knowing the problem, I would have sprung for a second corel at the higher price to get the retail version which I am doing anyway after finding out that it will work with the cutting master plugin.

stillhasdust

It only does it when it wants to. I have another plotter connected to my computer and I use the same software and it works fine but this ioline classic only works when it wants.

signmeup

The rollers are slipping? No rollers though..... Try saving the text as shapes before you send it. Flexi has trouble with kerning on my machine.

scallahan

If I am understanding the problem correctly, why not export from Corel using .cmx format. Flexi will import .cmx files, though I would probably just set type in Flexi to start with.