ffafaassafa Problems importing jpg into Composer | Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems importing jpg into Composer

Discussion in 'Gerber Omega, Graphix Advantage & MacImprint' started by jamers8, Mar 7, 2007.

1. jamers8

jamers8 New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    I have done this a million times before and for some reason, today I can't get anything to work properly.

I'm using Omega Composer 2.1. All I need to do is import a jpg into Composer so that I can then print it on my Edge FX. When I select the image to import, Composer's Color Mgmt window comes up with an error. I've resaved the image as a new jpg with a new file name thinking that maybe there was an error when it was saved the first time. Couldn't hurt, right...

I've also tried to import the image as a tiff, bmp, ai and eps. None of those work. If the image does import, it looks horrible.

Any help???

Tags:
  2. graphixplus

graphixplus Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Fill Color

Did you fill The image and bump up the resolution (Is it still a template)

Or is there color Issues ??

The printed image will come from the origonal source file not necessarly what you see on the screen

I have had bad files That just are Bad.....Try a reboot

3. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    were did the photo come from? Did you try an open it in a photo editing program?

4. jamers8

jamers8 New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    The image actually came from the client. I can open the image in Photoshop, CorelDraw and Illustrator. I have tried to make the image smaller, change the file type, etc. but Composer will not import it in and still look usable. It comes in very pixilated even though the file is a high quality resolution.

5. Bell Signs

Bell Signs Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Double check that your fill on the image is set to process..and the resolution is set to high

6. GVP

GVP Active Member

Nov 11, 2005
    Swift Current, SK
    Try changing it to RGB from CMYK, or vice versa.

7. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Prior to version 2.5, Omega generates a thumbnail image instead of embedding the image. The presentation is controlled from the Image Fill Dialog (Shift +1). There you should select 24 bit and process color for the best on screen presentation of the image.

8. Signcrafterz

Signcrafterz Old-School Sign Man living in the present

I know this thread is old but...

What a great community you guys are...A plethrora of information. I just started using an Edge 1 that I found here on this site when someone was looking for current pricing. Found out the guy was one city away here in the SF bay area and picked up a mothballed Edge1 with 34 hours on it plus scads of foils for a grand!

Thanks Andrew at Sign-A-Rama, Union City, CA!

Anyway, I had been having problems with import resolution and this thread came up under google when I asked for help. Just followed the friendly advice herein and poof!
    Perfect!

Thanks again,
    Sign and Graphic gurus!

RW:thumb: