• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problems importing jpg into Composer

jamers8

I have done this a million times before and for some reason, today I can't get anything to work properly.

I'm using Omega Composer 2.1. All I need to do is import a jpg into Composer so that I can then print it on my Edge FX. When I select the image to import, Composer's Color Mgmt window comes up with an error. I've resaved the image as a new jpg with a new file name thinking that maybe there was an error when it was saved the first time. Couldn't hurt, right...

I've also tried to import the image as a tiff, bmp, ai and eps. None of those work. If the image does import, it looks horrible.

Any help???

graphixplus

Fill Color

Did you fill The image and bump up the resolution (Is it still a template)

Or is there color Issues ??

The printed image will come from the origonal source file not necessarly what you see on the screen

I have had bad files That just are Bad.....Try a reboot

jamers8

The image actually came from the client. I can open the image in Photoshop, CorelDraw and Illustrator. I have tried to make the image smaller, change the file type, etc. but Composer will not import it in and still look usable. It comes in very pixilated even though the file is a high quality resolution.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Prior to version 2.5, Omega generates a thumbnail image instead of embedding the image. The presentation is controlled from the Image Fill Dialog (Shift +1). There you should select 24 bit and process color for the best on screen presentation of the image.

Tone-Mark Creative

Old-School Sign Man living in the present
I know this thread is old but...

What a great community you guys are...A plethrora of information. I just started using an Edge 1 that I found here on this site when someone was looking for current pricing. Found out the guy was one city away here in the SF bay area and picked up a mothballed Edge1 with 34 hours on it plus scads of foils for a grand!

Thanks Andrew at Sign-A-Rama, Union City, CA!

Anyway, I had been having problems with import resolution and this thread came up under google when I asked for help. Just followed the friendly advice herein and poof!
Perfect!

Thanks again,
Sign and Graphic gurus!

RW:thumb: