• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problems installing drivers for JV3-160 SPII

Jimmtron

Hi Guys,
I have a JV3-160 SPII I've installed about 8 months ago everything was working fine, had it connected using Firewire, I stopped using it for 3 months, 2 days ago, I want it to test it with Raster link but the Raster printer management couldn’t find the JV3, tried also with flexisign couldn't find it I tried re-installing the Mimaki driver mkdriver_340.exe, everything installed fine, but I didn’t created in the device manager these devices:

Mimaki port controller
Mimaki data port controller
Mimaki status port controller

My question is, if the printer is off would these 2 Mimaki port controller would show up in the device manager?
I want to troubleshoot if it is something related to the installation of the driver or hardware like a bad card, cable or firewire printer port
I tested the cable it seems fine, the printer is not giving any errors

In youtube there is a video of MIMAKI PRINTER DRIVER INSTALLATION, my installation goes the same as the video except after this window "Driver installed please connect a printer or plotter" there I connect the JV3 to the firewire card, but I don’t get the small Windows popup "Installing device driver software click here for status"

Thanks

Bert Wondervan

Hi Guys,
I have a JV3-160 SPII I've installed about 8 months ago everything was working fine, had it connected using Firewire, I stopped using it for 3 months, 2 days ago, I want it to test it with Raster link but the Raster printer management couldn’t find the JV3, tried also with flexisign couldn't find it I tried re-installing the Mimaki driver mkdriver_340.exe, everything installed fine, but I didn’t created in the device manager these devices:

Mimaki port controller

My question is, if the printer is off would these 2 Mimaki port controller would show up in the device manager?
I want to troubleshoot if it is something related to the installation of the driver or hardware like a bad card, cable or firewire printer port

In youtube there is a video of MIMAKI PRINTER DRIVER INSTALLATION, my installation goes the same as the video except after this window "Driver installed please connect a printer or plotter" there I connect the JV3 to the firewire card, but I don’t get the small Windows popup "Installing device driver software click here for status"

Thanks
What is your RIP software?
What is your Windows version?

Bert Wondervan

Hi Bert
I use FlexiSign10.5 on windows 7, recently I installed the trial version of RasterLink Pro 5s
Dear,

The trial period of rasrelink has been terminated.

To solve this problem you need SignLab print and Cut 10.
This program is complete and you do not need more flexisign and rasterlink programs.

This Program support drivers of your printer and cutter.

Try the Trial Version:
https://updater.cadlink.com/CommercialReleases/trial/SL10Trial.exe
‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
I have this Software for sale, used - with USB dongle that no longer used.
Let me know if you're interested at: bertywonder@yahoo.com

Regards,

Bert

Jimmtron

Hi Bert

Before buying anything I have to solve first the problem of the JV3 being recognized by Windows 7, using the Mimaki driver (mkdriver_340.exe), This printer was working perfectly 6 months ago, now cant get to install the the Mimaki driver.

For the RIP already invested in the Flexisign 10 with the dongle.

My question still is, if the printer is off would these 2 Mimaki port controller would show up in the device manager?

Thanks

Bert Wondervan

1- Install the trial version of SignLab Print and cut 10 to start and test your printer. If everything works well then it immediately becomes something that is wrong with the flexisign and Rasterlink software. Installing and removing this program is easy.

2- Uninstall Flexisign and rasterlink software and install it again. (clean install).

FLAGLOFT

had this same problem for installing new mimaki driver to print with wasatch. it was a computer thing. what i did is forget to finish the install of the driver. right click on my computer, properties then click on the hardware menu. click device manager and look for your driver port for the printer. if there is little yellow triangle there, right click on the driver port and click update driver install. this worked for me.

Jimmtron

Hi Flagloft, when that happened to you were you connecting the printer using FireWire?
In my case the device manager recognizes the FireWire card with no errors.
After you updated the device with the triangle did you get these devices:
Mimaki port controller

Yesterday I installed the FireWire card in another computer and the same, flexi or rasterlink doesn't see the printer
I ordered a new card to see if the card is the problem

FLAGLOFT

yes i am connecting with fire wire. the devices
mimaki port controller
mimaki data port controller
mimaki status port controller
these were already there, they are the port i had to update.

never used flexi or rasterlink so i dont know how to help at that point, we use wasatch sorry
good luck and i hope everything works out.

Jimmtron

Hi FLAGLOFT

Thanks for your answers!

Another question, when your printer is off, do these devices : mimaki data port controller, mimaki status port controller
show up in the device manager? or they only show when the printer is on?

The RIP doesnt matter much, once the printer is recognized and the devices installed they will be visible by any RIP

Thanks

jfiscus

Rap Master
I have had a similar issue getting them to install before, but I remember that you cannot have the firewire plugged into your computer during the installation. I had to uninstall and unplug the cable, then reinstall with it unplugged. After all install is complete you plug it in and it works. Counter-intuitive to EVERY other piece of hardware I've ever dealt with.

unclebun

I believe the Device Manager items disappear when the printer is turned off. You can hear the Windows "Device Added" sound when you turn the plotter on.

C5 Service&Repair

First, disconnect the printer from the computer, then go into your windows apps, and uninstall all Mimaki driver software.
RESTART the PC after uninstalling the driver.
Now do a full install of the driver, and only plug in the printer when prompted.

Jimmtron

An update,
Today received the new card 1394 and the new firewire cable, uninstall everything, reboot, install drivers, but the same thing, nothing, Windows doesn't detect the printer.
So I decided to take a look to the firewire card in the printer, unscrew the back plate of the printer, took out the firewire board, everything seems fine, but after a closer look with a mini microscope, you can see that the chip MB86614A (IEEE 1394 SERIAL BUS CONTROLLER) overheated and created some lines of carbon on the top of the chip, this is an 80 pin SMD, now is either replace the chip kind of hard or find a used board.

Strange this chip burned when I wasn't using the printer, I just had the printer off but connected to power and to the PC.

jfiscus

Rap Master
PM Me your email and I will put you in touch with a local guy that will sell you parts. He bought our old machines and has parts machines.