• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problems Printing Black on Avery 1005EZ

OADesign

Hi All,

Have you ever seen this happen before?
I am running this on a Roland SC-545. Versaworks 4.8. The material is Avery 1005 EZ.
I can solve the banding problem. But whats odd it how the black/dark colors print. No matter what profile is used. The black comes out with what looks like "Holes".
I can't tell is the media is contaminated or what. I have printed this same image on other medias with out issue. I have also printed a band of solid color and it only happens in the dark areas?

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMAG0415.jpg
    IMAG0415.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 71
  • IMAG0416.jpg
    IMAG0416.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 68
  • IMAG0417.jpg
    IMAG0417.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 86

Plopez210

+1 bad roll.
Just have your vendor put in a claim theyll replace it.
Check the lot # I'm always weary on rolls 4-6 months old from them

lodcomm

Hi OA,

I have had black printing issues exactly like you show in your 1st and second photo. Printing on "inexpensive" generic glossy decal vinyl (I was using nazdar 2000 ink on my SC500). Basically the exact same issue as you.. I just got finished printing some Heavy Equipment decals on orajet that were very heavy on the black - the black Ink layed down perfectly on the orajet vinyl. After finishing that, I swapped out the roll of vinyl to a 54" length of generic branded digital print vinyl and went to print some decal labels for a local solar company - using the same ICC as I did for the orajet (same ICC I use for *everything* in fact), and the black printed exactly like it looked in your first two photos. Almost like a "mist coating" in random blotchy patches. In some areas I swear I thought it almost looked like a, uh... palm print! I cleaned the first 10 inches of the vinyl with isopropyl alcohol (75%), double checked my heat settings and tried the print again - This time the Black printed perfectly (well - as perfectly as my old rig does.) I am not positive weather it was incorrect heat, contaminated surface on the vinyl, bad/cheap vinyl or a combination of the things. Whenever I use that particular roll of stuff I simply clean the first 10-12 inches with alcohol before even wasting the ink, and have had no further problems.

-t

OADesign

Thanks for the replies.

If it is a bad lot that sux major waybos :banghead:.

This is the last roll of this Avery I have and I'm not buying more for this small job. Or any other job for that matter for obvious reasons.

The problem is that I have already printed a portion of the project, which came out OK.

Now I have to run this smaller part (Long stripe of graphics) and It needs to match spot on because the parts touch on one end.

I guess I am going to have to re-print the entire project.

I cant really go back to the vendor because I'm already 30-40 yards into the roll.

Maybe if I hit up Avery they will take care of me. I can dream can't I?

Nuteksigns

I have had the exact issue you're having with my pro 2 and the Avery 1005.
I expect much better from Avery when they charge $1000cad. For a wrap bundle.