Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems sending a .pdf

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by rushworks graphics, May 20, 2011.

1. rushworks graphics

rushworks graphics Very Active Member

Jun 29, 2010
    i'm having major issues sending clients a .pdf. i'm using cs3 and ps4. i'm saving in illy as an .eps, then saving it also as a .pdf. but when i send it to clients its blank! it shows there is a file attatched as it has kb. i also tried saving it via ps and saving again as a .pdf, this time though, its very pixalated when viewed and if you change the view option so you can see the line art it is blank.
    so..............what am i doing wrong?

Tags:
  2. John Butto

John Butto Very Active Member

Jan 9, 2007
    When you save it in Illustrator as a .pdf also check to see preview and it will pop up after you save it with a new window in Acrobat showing you how it looks.

3. rushworks graphics

Jun 29, 2010
    ok, i'll check that box. when i send pdf's to out source some stuff we don't do inhouse we never have any problems!

4. rushworks graphics

Jun 29, 2010
    ok, so i saved it again as a .pdf............and turned on the review after saving, and it comes up blank! i have no idea why it will not show up to view it! really stumped on this!

5. John Butto

John Butto Very Active Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Do you have your artwork in the 8.5x11 area.

6. jc1cell

jc1cell Active Member

Jun 11, 2007
    Make sure your artboard is set to the right size. At times I work with stuff outside of it and when I save as pdf, get a blank file.

jc

***Edit

John Beat me to it while I was writing.

7. rushworks graphics

Jun 29, 2010
    darn it if you guys weren't right!!! lol.............man alive, that simple! thanks guys, i owe you a cold one!!
    matt