• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

problems with cutting fc8000

thatswasup

hi im new to the forum i browse alot but this is my first post. the problems we are having is if we put in a new blade it will cut super solid for about a month and then it just wont cut good lines and it is a nightmare to weed. all the settings have not changed at all. i called graphtec and they said the blades should last about a year before you need to swap them. i dont know if i am even setting up my profiles right or what my problem is. any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

cgsigns_jamie

A few questions:

1. What kind of vinyl?
2. What is the force set at?
3. How far does the blade extend past the blade holder?
4. How much vinyl are you cutting?

thatswasup

The force is at 14
The vinyl is just white oracal 651
The blade is extended out of the bottom maybe an eigth inch

It's like 30" by 20" like a dozen of those.

Thanks for the help

cgsigns_jamie

Sorry for the delay...

Your blade is sticking out of the holder an 1/8" (.125")?

My blade is barely visible if you look at it from the side. It sticks out maybe 3mils (.003")

I think your blade may be extended to far. The FC8000 has a function that helps you set the correct blade depth. I don't remember the procedure right now, but it's in the manual and the DVD.

Correct that blade depth issue and your blades should last much longer.

phototec

Illustration of proper blade length adjustment

Attached is the PDF instruction sheet for setting the proper blade length adjustment for the FC8000.

I hope this helps!

Attachments

• blade-length.pdf
    737.5 KB · Views: 139

nopalito24

I have to say its obvious you are relying on to much blade,_when it should be a combination of blade and cut force. extend the blade the thickness of the material layer, the perform test cuts gradually increasing force until youcan weed out the test cut properly. too much blade will give you this symptom as well as inconsistent cutting pressures, start and stop points not meeting, blade skipping, tails on corners..etc...

Brandon708

How is the Teflon cutting strip? It seems that is the problem. Don't know what the teflon strip is??? It's the black strip that runs the length of your plotter. It's what the blade presses on while cutting the vinyl. Your's is probably all cut up and showing white fibers. It just peels of and you just stick a new one on.