• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problems with Cutting Master 2

Sticky Signs

I haven't used this program enough to fully understand how it works or why it behaves the way it does. I've tried to cut this file several times and I keep getting different results based on what buttons I've checked off. The file is about 60"x63" so I'm using 3 tiles of equal size. The first problem I have is that it keeps cutting over the outer edges. After about the 3rd or 4th pass, it cuts right through the release liner and ruins the vinyl. I then tried clicking "auto weld" to see what that would do. This time, it cut the outside border with 1 pass but on tiles 1 & 3 it completely omitted the outer ring. Only tile 2 came out the way it's suppose to. Does anyone have any experience with this? What am i doing wrong.

Attachments

• SSVinylF.jpg
    SSVinylF.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 80

OldPaint

you have got multiple vector lines on top or each other, you need to ungroup the object, then click on it, then hit DELETE.........do this until the object is gone, then do ONE BACKSTEP....then you will have a SINGLE LINED IMAGE.

Sticky Signs

It can't be that because the line that's getting multiple cuts isn't even in the file. It's a line that's being introduced by the tilling feature. For some reason, the software isn't picking up on the fact that it only needs to cut that line once.

artguard

My first thought was you have multiple vector lines on top of each other but that can't be the case it seems.

So Quit CutMaster. Make sure it's not running at all. Relaunch it and reset your values by hitting the "Reset" button.

Then set your "All Tile" panels option to cut however many panels you want.

This should be all the setting you need to change.

Sticky Signs

I've been messing around with this today in my spare time. I have no idea what the hell is going on. I'm usually pretty good at figuring out why software does what it does but this has me stumped. Using a variety of settings, I get one of the following results.
1 - cuts the entire image but double cuts where the seems are. Again, this line is not part of the file, the software puts that line in automatically.
2 - Cuts the file but omits random sections of the graphic thus making it unusable. Seems like it's incorporating the seem line into the graphic when I hit the auto weld button.
3 - Cuts the entire file without adding the lines for the seems with means I have to hand cut the edges of the images before weeding.

I've done some research but can't find much. Am I the only one having this problem???
The good news is that I was able to complete the job using my printer/cutter but it's really bugging me that this isn't working the way it should. I'm worried about having to deal with this issue on future jobs.
Any help would be super awesome!

OldPaint

you dont have VECTOR!!!! its a GIF, TIFF, WMF.......or some file that has layers and none are complet VECTOR!!!!
i dont know what cut master is....take it into corel or email me the file so i can look at what the heck your trying to do.

Sticky Signs

Thanks OldPaint but it is a vector file and I've gone over it to make sure there's no invisible artifacts. The problem isn't the in the file but rather tiling feature in CM2.

phototec

Thanks OldPaint but it is a vector file and I've gone over it to make sure there's no invisible artifacts. The problem isn't the in the file but rather tiling feature in CM2.

I use CM2, no problems like you are having.

If you are 100% sure teh vector is ok, try this test, reduce the file to 25%, you should have something like 15" x 16", send it the the cutter with CM2 one piece, no tiles, and if evrything cuts like is is suppose to, the file is correct.

If you still get any of the other results you mentioned, teh vector file is NOT correct.

The only time I ever have problems, is when I make a mistake craeting the artwork, not joining two end segments, having double images stacked on top each other (as mentioned above), etrc.

TIP: When you create you artwork file, only use strokes, no fills, and you do any joining, welding, etc. Don't rely on software auto-weld.

:thumb:

Sticky Signs

Thanks for input guys but seriously, it's not the file. How do I know this for a fact? Because I was able to cut the job in VersaWorks with no issues. Sorry to see you go Oldpaint.
The problem is in CM2. Doesn't sound like anyone else has had this issue so I think I'll try to reinstall the software. Hopefully that does the trick. Not sure if it makes a difference, but I'm using it with CS5 on a Mac.