• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problems with Gerber foils

Jase

Anyone experiencing problems with Gerber Edge 1/2 foils? Initially I put it down to a bad batch. We ordered 10 Ruby Red foils a couple of months ago and experienced lines appearing in the solid prints. We substituted these for Renown and they worked perfectly. I am now trying to print some solid white boxes and we have the same problem. The foils are also making a lot of noise going through the machine where as the Renown foils just print quetly and smoothly. We've tried these on two different machines and followed on with the 3rd part foils printing exactly the same block, no problems with third party:(

Attachments

• IMG_8874.jpg
    IMG_8874.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 135

Hielorojo

I had the same problem with DURACOAT cartridges, not problem with Gerber, Renown, Brand, the only solution was take off the "refill" and put it on Renown or Gerber cartridge....

jfiscus

Rap Master
We still use our Gerbers everyday and I haven't seen anything like this recently.
Possibly you changed a default/preference accidentally in your output manager?

Jase

We still use our Gerbers everyday and I haven't seen anything like this recently.
Possibly you changed a default/preference accidentally in your output manager?

Nope, no change in settings, we've even tested on another machine with exactly the same output using a different computer and an earlier version of Omega. It's very strange. Other batch numbers seem to print okay.

Jase

Still an ongoing issue for us. We have tried a different batch and still the same problem, no issues with older gerber foils. We have the engineer out tomorrow so will post any updates.