• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problems with left head

meris

Hi
I have Mutoh Rockhopper I for few years, and now have problem with primary black color. The problem is, actually two problems, the lines are split (compare cyan and magenta) and missing two top lines of black.
I tried to soak the left head with no luck. Also increased rank number to I think 17115 on that head, no luck again!
What is problem??? I hope is not time to change head :covereyes:

Any advice will be really appreciated.

Thanks
Meris
P.S. Do not pay attention on LC and LM, I'm not using them!

Attachments

• DSC07676.jpg
    DSC07676.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 97

elsignshop

try the dampers and check the o-rings first, my mutoh Jr had the same problem but it ended up being the o-rings and the fact that i was using that win-com ink. i changed back to original mutoh ink.

meris

Thanks for quick respond, but that's not the problem. I checked both and damper and o ring, but all are fine!
:thankyou:

Any other ideas???
:help

kffernandez

i see overspray on the black. that usually tells me that either (1) there's a clog somewhere, (2) head is having electrical problems [maybe due to age] or (3) the ink isn't compatible with the head or just a bad batch. [too dense]

meris

Thanks for thoughts ....

Printed fine before with this ink, so doubt is ink problem. Clog, maybe, but I soak for long time that head, and no changes. ... Looks like the worst case scenario! Time to change head.:banghead:
I guess there is no head repair possibility??? :covereyes: