Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with my Mutoh Falcon Outdoor 46"

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by wallacemm, Jul 24, 2011.

1. wallacemm

wallacemm New Member

Jan 8, 2011
    The start to my problems... when I load media, restart the machine or anything in general, the media feeds about 4' of material, then goes back through and out the back of the rollers.

When I force the material to be in the correct place, the machine reads "Plot OK", but will not cut, test heads or anything else. I sent a file over to print and it acted like it was working fine, however, no ink was coming out at all.

The night before this I had printed several projects perfectly. The only thing that I can think of is that the electric went out over night and the machine was still on.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I am afraid it's going to be a motherboard issue. If that's the case, does anyone have suggestions on the best place to purchase a motherboard?

2. Bradster941

Bradster941 Very Active Member

Sep 5, 2005
    This will sound funny, but while turned on, un plug it from the wall. Let stand 5 minutes, push all the buttons on the key pad, then plug it back in.
    (this is a known Quirk with the Falcon).

As far as feeding out 4 ft. of media, it sounds like you have it set to "Sheet" instead of "Roll"..

3. wallacemm

wallacemm New Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Bradster, you're a life saver.

When it did all those things, yes, it set it to paper, but I couldn't change it until I did the reset.