• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problems with non-roland dx4 head

imago6842

Hello , I´m from spain, and i have a roland vp540, i replce de black head for a non roland head and the printer say "wrong head is installed" , but if i enter on service mode, the plotter print and cut ok. what is the problem? , it´s not this haed for this machine? I need help.

thank you

imago6842

Yes, I enter the head rank, it´s posible that the firmware (3.30) recognize non original head?, any solution? thanks

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Where did you get the print head from? You don't want to buy from just any where. We have brand new print head from Roland sealed in box for $800 plus shipping.

imago6842

I buy the head an a local store, and he say it´s posible roland recognize non original head whit the last firmware?? it´s this true??

Robert72

May be. I've never seen those message on the SP-540V. And we've used all kind of printheads. Try to get the machine to an older firmware version. I don't know how/if VPs can be downgraded.

Robert M

Head rank

Try putting in the head rank off the old head, may do the trick. Part of the head rank is a serial number which may be the problem. Sounds like just another attempt by a printer manufacturer to lock you into expensive OEM parts.