• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problems with Printable ThermoFlex

Stormyj

Just another guy
I just started using printable heat transfer material with Thermo flex ColorPrint white vinyl and my sc540. I prewashed my garments, cotton t's, and applied per instructions that came with the vinyl. After about 3 or 4 washs, the vinyl is now all shriveled and although the color is fine, the texture is terrible. Here is the vinyl Im using. I watched a video for Stahls printable transfers and wanted some advice on what you all use, whether its any good, use something else or maybe Im just doing it wrong. Feedback would be appreciated.
Jim

Laz0924

How long after pressing it on did you wait to wash? usually have to wait 24-48 hrs prior to washing.

binki

Don't prewash, do pre press

wash cold inside out and line dry, no fabric softener or other add ons, just detergent.

Stormyj

Just another guy
Ill give that a try. I thought you were suppose to prewash first. And, I probably did wash it within 24 hours, but not sure.

Mike_Koval

the likely reason you are seeing this is because the particular material you are using is thin and has stretch and rebound qualities. My guess you are printing on a 100% cotton t-shirt...washing and drying. What is happening the shirt is shrinking somewhat and the transfer material is conforming to it...wrinkling and looking like sort of a raisin.

I would suggest the Express Print from Stahls or Eco-Print from Imprintables. These are great products for cotton t's.