• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help PROBLEMS WITH PRINTHEAD ON OKI M64S COLOR PAINTER

Lizzie Newton

Hi there, we have recently replaced two print heads on our OKI M64S Color Painter. The one head is working perfectly, however the cyan head the ink does not appear to get to it. You can see the ink fill up the pipe, but then it goes back down, as if there is some air getting in somewhere. Does any one have any ideas? We have been checking the pipework and cannot see any ink leakage.

Any help very much appreciated :)

natallica

Graphics Guru
Hi there, we have recently replaced two print heads on our OKI M64S Color Painter. The one head is working perfectly, however the cyan head the ink does not appear to get to it. You can see the ink fill up the pipe, but then it goes back down, as if there is some air getting in somewhere. Does any one have any ideas? We have been checking the pipework and cannot see any ink leakage.

Any help very much appreciated :)
We just had this problem a while back with our W64s, I replaced the caps in the capping station and it seemed to fix the issue.
The pumps and caps create a small vacuum when sealed and if the rubber on the caps is bad the smallest amount of air break the vacuum and will allow the ink to flow back toward the cartridge bay.
Inexpensive fix and simple to do (on ours), assuming the M64 is similar in design.

Hope this helps,
-N8

Lizzie Newton

We just had this problem a while back with our W64s, I replaced the caps in the capping station and it seemed to fix the issue.
The pumps and caps create a small vacuum when sealed and if the rubber on the caps is bad the smallest amount of air break the vacuum and will allow the ink to flow back toward the cartridge bay.
Inexpensive fix and simple to do (on ours), assuming the M64 is similar in design.

Hope this helps,
-N8
Thanks for that. We have since found out that one of the new caps fitted (when we fitted the new print heads) is defective. We have swapped the cap and we have all systems go!!!!!!