• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problems with Rowmark ADA material

Bill Binns

I have been using Rowmarks ADA alt. mat'l for years now. I am running a batch of about 50 braille signs that I make on a 4x8 multicam flatbed rotary ( it works ) and I am having a terrible time with the mat'l leaving ALL the adhesive behind. I have had some adhesive left behind in the past, but this is ridiculous. Has anyone else noticed this recently (within the last few months) I am using their Lasermark Brushed Aluminum material as the substrate and have been for a while and its always worked fine. Now that I have to go back and clean all this adhesive off I am worried that I am going to mar the finish.

jiarby

Try some rapid remover. We laser our ADA, so we do not stick it on until after it is cut.
Rowmark has pretty good technical support.... call them and see what they say. You will probably speak right with the product manager

AzGene

Rubbing alcohol will remove the glue. Also make sure your cutter cuts all the way through the glue not just the applique.

Bill Binns

I had used denatured alcohol in the past and it caused the laser mat'l to craze at the braille. Regular isopropyl isn't touching it. Tried the rapid remover earlier this am.... creating more of a nightmare. Decided to run the tool w/o the ada applied, then weed the protective liner and then apply and run again, seems to be working. Was mainly curios if anyone had noticed a difference in the material. Should also mention that cut all ada mat'l pieces oversize to save some time so I have a 3"x10" piece of ADA mat'l on a 3.5"x10" sign blank. That's what I get for trying to save time.

Last edited: