Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Procedures for extended down time

Discussion in 'Flatbed Printers' started by D3D, Apr 7, 2020.

1. D3D

D3D Member

Aug 25, 2016
    Detroit
    Haven't seen much activity lately and I assume COVID has a lot of machines idling, how are people keeping their machines running well during times of little/no use? I assume it varies based on the machine but I am wondering if printing something daily via automation is a recommended procedure?

Tags:
  2. AlsEU

AlsEU Member

Jul 16, 2014
    European Union
    It depends on the machine, as you wrote, but for example flatbeds from OCE/Fuji may stay powered for a long time without switching off. Special procedures are required when the machine should be switched off for a long time (more than two weeks).

• Like Like x 1
  3. SignMeUpGraphics

SignMeUpGraphics Moderator

Apr 11, 2012
    Australia
    I've left my Oce on and unused for ~4 weeks in the past during holiday periods.
    Just made for a longer cleaning time upon return (1.5 hours instead of 15 minutes), but CMKY always recovers nozzles after 1-2 purges maximum. It's the white that takes all the time to get going again due to the huge size of the TiO2 particles.
    Our machine appears to be pretty resilient. Hopefully others will behave in the same way.

• Like Like x 1
  4. zspace

zspace Merchant Member

Jul 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    The best thing to do for a UV flatbed is keep the heads full of ink. That usually requires compressed air. Some machines have on board compressors others use air from a shop compressor. Make sure the compressor stays on.

• Like Like x 1