• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Procedures for extended down time

D3D

Haven't seen much activity lately and I assume COVID has a lot of machines idling, how are people keeping their machines running well during times of little/no use? I assume it varies based on the machine but I am wondering if printing something daily via automation is a recommended procedure?

AlsEU

It depends on the machine, as you wrote, but for example flatbeds from OCE/Fuji may stay powered for a long time without switching off. Special procedures are required when the machine should be switched off for a long time (more than two weeks).

• Agree
Reactions: D3D

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
I've left my Oce on and unused for ~4 weeks in the past during holiday periods.
Just made for a longer cleaning time upon return (1.5 hours instead of 15 minutes), but CMKY always recovers nozzles after 1-2 purges maximum. It's the white that takes all the time to get going again due to the huge size of the TiO2 particles.
Our machine appears to be pretty resilient. Hopefully others will behave in the same way.

• Agree

zspace

Premium Subscriber
The best thing to do for a UV flatbed is keep the heads full of ink. That usually requires compressed air. Some machines have on board compressors others use air from a shop compressor. Make sure the compressor stays on.

• Agree