• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Processing... (but done printing)

hunterp

Our VP-540v will stop at random times during a print job, carriage will return to base and not move. Screen stays at "Processing" and will not budge. Turning main power on and off is the only way to get my cpu to "see" the network connection ( a direct ethernet connection) and the next job will usually print completely, but not always. It's frustratingly random.

It appears to happen more when the room is cold (55-60 degrees) but it has been happening at 65 degrees's. Cut-only jobs have not been affected.

I swapped out the network cable to mixed results.

Any idea's?

Thx

hunterp

Main board is going out. Does VersaWorks say 'not connected' when this happens?
Yes. It does. Any suggestions on how to delay the inevitable loss of main board?
THANK YOU

Thanks for the input everyone. There is no router. Printer is directly connected to CPU (Which has plenty of RAM)

Joe House

Sign Equipment Technician
I would jump on it sooner than later as it is much easier to change a motherboard when you can still pull the parameters off of it. If you wait till it's completely dead, then you just bought a whole lot more work.

Karen in Ocala

We had the exact same problem. We finally tried uncovering the boards and keeping a fan blowing on them. Got another 9 months or so of use with no problems. But that was just a temporary fix... just bought a new printer last week (yippee!).

Riethian

***UPDATE
The problem is ethernet connection chip on the board. You need to find a tech guy who can repair the board and replace a new Realtek ethernet chip. It costs around 200-300 USD.

player

***UPDATE
The problem is ethernet connection chip on the board. You need to find a tech guy who can repair the board and replace a new Realtek ethernet chip. It costs around 200-300 USD.

Would you give me the exact specs for this chip? I would like to change it out myself.

Thanks

Malkin

We had same exact issue on our vp540 at 8-9 years old. Ended up having the Roland tech replace the board while he could still pull the parameters.
Costly repair, but a few more years of service seemed worth it.
I've seen quite a few posts on here with the same issue on the same machines at about the same age.

klingsdesigns

We as well had the same issue with our vp540 and traded it in for new vg. Wish I would have just put in a new main board. Thing was a workhorse.