• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

processor suggestions.

John M

Absolutely! Their retail price is around $275 so you're looking at a good deal too.

They're a bit picky about cooling. If the stock heatsink has ever been removed, you can't use just regular heatsink compound when reinstalling the cooler. It has to be a premium product, like Arctic Silver, to provide the same heat transfer as Intel's OEM concoction.

Back it with a good power supply, at least 500 watts, and good case cooling. You'll enjoy the results!

John, I have seen your posts about your computers. Can you send me some more information on your systems, and what you would recommend for me as far as a work horse??? I'm not so worried about Space. I dont even need it to have an OS. I can do all that myself, hard drive, and OS I can do, I just need compnonents like memory, Case, PS, Processor. IS AMD Better than intel for this gig? Sign making/graphics???

Chris

John M

Intel is way ahead of AMD right now, and that's coming from a longtime AMD fan.

I sent you a PM on everything else.

choucove

I'll unfortunately have to agree with John. I've always been an AMD guy but they are behind Intel lately on just about everything. We recently built some new computer systems and I opted for double dual-core Opterons in the one system just because I've always had much better luck with the lifespan on AMDs compared to Intels and this system will require a lifespan of at least five years.

I've heard good things about the quad-core lines from Intel, still pretty new, but good.

B Snyder

Just a quick plug for anyone needing the service of a custom PC builder...

I used John's company for a new computer last month and I have been very happy with it. John's thorough and prompt replies to my many questions made it very easy for me to decide to use his services. THANKS JOHN!