• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ProCut CR630 Signature Series question.

cbroyles

I was wondering if this is a decent machine.I'm going to do vinyl sticker and signs as a side business. it all so comes with flexstarter 8.5 software.
I'm a newby, here's all the spec's on the machine.
-Brand: ProCut
-Model: CR630
-Max Paper Width: 28.7” (730mm)
-Max Cutting Width: 24.6” (625mm)
-Max Cutting Speed 400 mm/s
-Motherboard: 32-bit ARM7 CPU
-Driver: PWM Micro Step Driver
-Cutting Force: 0-800 Grams**
-Mechanism Precision: 0.05mm
-Repeatability: <+-0.1mm
-Command Set: DMPL, HPGL
-Interface: USB
-Three Pinch Rollers

Techman

i see you bolded cutting force..

800 grams of cutting force don't mean crap.. Most jobs don't use but around 90 - 110.

400mm/ sec speed is another fantasy. No one runs at that speed. The vinyl cant run that fast anyway.

Brand new that machine might cut a consistent pattern, but after that skinny x belt stretches it wont. No way...

its a 500 buk cutter for a reason.. its goona give you pain.. why do so many refuse to accept that a cheap cutter will cause pain?

Just rad on about how some will brag about his great cutter, then pater post and wwhine because it has some limitation...

cbroyles

fenris242, the first time i posted i posted in the wrong part of the forum.so i put it in the forum i thought it should go in to. excuse me..
As for the 800 grams in bold letters i just copied and posted what the site had written down, that's why it's in bold letters. Look i can't afford a expensive cutter right now i'm just trying to find a decent cutter for small jobs to get started. more like a hobby. i know it's not as good as a $1,000 and up cutter.
thanks for reading anyway.
chris......

oldgoat

i see you bolded cutting force..

800 grams of cutting force don't mean crap.. Most jobs don't use but around 90 - 110.

400mm/ sec speed is another fantasy. No one runs at that speed. The vinyl cant run that fast anyway.

Brand new that machine might cut a consistent pattern, but after that skinny x belt stretches it wont. No way...

its a 500 buk cutter for a reason.. its goona give you pain.. why do so many refuse to accept that a cheap cutter will cause pain?

Just rad on about how some will brag about his great cutter, then pater post and wwhine because it has some limitation...

It was $500.00 6 years ago, I wonder how they stand up now?

jhanson

It's made by Creation in China. From prior experience, I would suggest avoiding if you want a cutter that will be supported beyond 1-2 years. USB driver quality from them was historically poor.