• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ProCut for winows95?

Puck

ProCut for windows95?

I run a windows 3.1 machine for my equipment, I know it's old but I'm going up to windows 95 now which is the highest I can go to get my engraver to still run (has to run in DOS and nothing above 95 works with the software it uses).

I have an XP computer that I do my designs on in coredraw and then put it through the bridge program, ProCut which is old but works well on windows 3.1 but I can't get it to work on windows 95. Does anyone know if ProCut Jr. is just a windows 3.1 program? Any bridge program out there still available that works on windows 95?

I do not want to have to purchase a new engraver and vinyl cutter since what I have does exactly what I need it to do at this time.

Puck

Last edited:

signage

Have you contacted the equipment manufacture to see if they may have either a firmware or driver upgrade? I don't think anyone is still supporting windows 3.1 or 95. Microsoft doesn't even supply updates.

Puck

signage said:
Have you contacted the equipment manufacture to see if they may have either a firmware or driver upgrade? I don't think anyone is still supporting windows 3.1 or 95. Microsoft doesn't even supply updates.

I have an email in to the company but haven't heard back from them yet, hopefully they have something to make it work. Or I can find a used copy of ProCut XP JR for sell somewhere.

Puck

Puck

OldPaint said:
PRO-CUT will run on 95 and 98...version 2.0 will

I checked today and mine is version 1.07, an oldie goldie. It will not load on windows 95 but the disk will load on windows 3.1 so guess that says it all. I haven't heard anything back from the company yet but looks like I need to find a 2.0 version.

Does it have to have a dongle? The version I have does not, just a code number.

Thanks,
Puck

OldPaint

the 2.0, 2.5 versions dont have dongle they use a long code....even if you get the copmany..i dont think the new one will help you.

Puck

OldPaint said:
the 2.0, 2.5 versions dont have dongle they use a long code....even if you get the copmany..i dont think the new one will help you.

Guess I'll start searching for a used copy of 2.0, might find it one of these years.

Thanks for the info,
Puck