• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Product Review - Cheap Deburring tool worth its weight in gold

This little 13 dollar deburring tool is amazing. I know some of you already know this but for many such as myself didn't even think these things existed.

For those who don't know this tool smooths the razor/jagged edges of aluminum, alumalite, dibond. etc..after you cut them.

And unlike sand paper/rasps...It is actually fun to use.

We had been sanding and scraping up until now. :banghead:

Buy one you won't be sorry!

http://www.amazon.com/Royal-Deburring-Double-Guard-Blades/dp/B004HW7LZY/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

Malkin

We have used metal files for at least 10 years and I am sick of them, though they do work fine.

Since it was fairly cheap, I just ordered this, will report back later on how it stacks up.

Thanks!

SIGNTIME

you'll never look back, easier. faster. looks just as good if not better. although i just use the one with the swivel on the end

gabagoo

I have had one (similar) for about 5 years...It's amazing how it cleans up those sharp holes you drill and can even be used to get the sharpness off the edges of aluminum and alupanel

rjssigns

We call the ones with the small hooked blades Widow Makers. The work a treat on edges and holes, but never use one without gloves. They can filet your hand before you know what happened.
I spent a quarter century in a fab shop and saw a lot of stupidity.

Monsoon190

Great for cleaning rigid plastic sheets too!

Using gloves is just smart. If the tool doesn't get you, a large burr on the sheet metal might. Plus, it keeps oils from your hands off of your work. The swiveled tools work best for de-burring holes.

Jackpine

I just bought: 'Royal Deburring Tool, Double Burr with Guard and Two Blades.
I see a need for this also.

Those who bought the tool should be very happy. We use the Shaviv Route a Burr which is basically the same thing. I would highly recommend the use of gloves. These thingz don't look sharp but they are. It only took one good slice to the old hand to learn to either wear gloves or keep the other hand out of the way.

Master's Touch

I know this sounds weird, but I have always just used the side of a three pound sledge hammer head on dibond. It works amazingly well, and the handle keeps your hands outta the action.