• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Product suggestion...

jason_hamilton

Good morning all,

I'm looking for suggestions for a product replacement. I have been using Arlon DPF8000 for a couple of years for a large client. The product was picked by the customer, who was kind of a "middle man", who did installs for the end user nation wide. We recently stopped working with the client and I have finally depleted my stock of DPF8000. (last 12 feet are printing as I type.) The client that we were working with is the reason we started doing wide format in the first place so DPF is really what I have the most experience with. I use IJ40C for the installs I do personally. So, to get to the point...

As much as I hate to do it, I have a small install to do this week that is a little odd. My boss went out to bid the job and the client already has some vinyl up on the wall. They are placed like pictures with frames mounted around them. They want me to install OVER the current product....I HATE! the thought of this. I have no idea what is on the wall now. How the surface was prepped for the original install, basically no information. So I told my boss I'll do whatever he wants me to do, but I make no guarantees! With that in mind, I figured my best bet would be to stick Arlon on it and hope it was aggressive enough. Now, I'm out of Arlon. Do any of you wiser more experienced folks out there have any suggestions? Whatever I end up using, I will most likely continue to use for quick jobs. I use Arlon a lot for foam core and coro signs and little "onesie twosies" that we do. Should I just stick with Arlon and order some more, or is their a better option out there. I asked one of my vendors that I order other material from to make some suggestions. That was a month ago. I haven't heard from him, so needless to say, he hasn't heard from my buyer.....

Thanks in advance for any help!

Jason L. Hamilton

cbrown

Jason - Sounds like you could use just about anything you wanted to use to complete this. Your essentially putting vinyl on vinyl. The Arlon or IJ40 would work for what you are doing. Hopefully the vinyl currently there doesn't start to peel, this will wreck what you are wanting to do.

If possible you could mount on polystyrene, or a thin pvc and use some vhb tape to adhere over current decals

jason_hamilton

That really is my main concern. With not knowing what is up, and not knowing how it was prepped/installed, I'm worried the product underneath will fail and then I look bad.... I don't want to order a whole roll of DPF just for this little job, so I think I'm going to use the IJ40 I have in stock.