Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

production manager acting up

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by gabagoo, Jun 24, 2010.

1. gabagoo

gabagoo Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    I am currently printing these 1" x 1" decals. I need 7000 so I broke it down to 2024 decals and I print 3 times and then do the last 928 or so.
    The first run is fine and before it finishes I send the job again. After about 10 minutes after the first print finished I am wondering why the machine has not started the second set.
    It seems that the production manager kacked out or froze.

Simple enough, and I cancel the print and try to restart the production manager but it never really opens and it keeps hanging. I then reboot the computer and again it will not open.
    Finally on the 3rd try it starts working again.

So now I finish the second set and I start the third and once again it sits. When I click on the production manager I get a white screen, but I leave it and within a few minutes it pops open and I see the job is just finishing ripping.

What the heck is wrong with this program? You suppose 2024 decals is to much for it?

Tags:
  2. letterman7

letterman7 Very Active Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Maybe. Try clearing the system cache to free up some space, or divide the job in half again.

3. gabagoo

gabagoo Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    Now it just sat for 5 minutes trying to send 928.
    I have done this job before and never had this problem. I shall clean the cache and everything else too..lol

thanks

4. signwizz

signwizz Active Member

try clearing the prefrences works for me !!!!!
    shane

5. AUTO-FX

AUTO-FX Very Active Member

Feb 14, 2010
    if it's 7.6 you have start>flexi>preference manager , the older versions it was "clear preferences" so i think resetting to default is clearing preferences SOMEBODY please correct me if i'm wrong !

6. strypguy

strypguy Active Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Carroll, Iowa
    7.6 did that to me alot of times. Never figured out why. I have 8.0 now and everything is good.

I think it's just a glitch in 7.6??

John