• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Production Manager CPU Usage - How much?

Graphics2u

For those running Flexi 8.6 when you run Task Manager what is the CPU usage of app2.exe (Production Manager)? Even at idle mine will run between 20 -50%. Is this normal?

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
Product Manager (app2.exe) normally stays at or around 0 when you are not using it. The exception would be if you have several jobs holding in the queue or you are doing something in the RIP & Print or Cut/Plot Windows. When you open Production Manager it has to reload and read all of those jobs that are in the queue and this will increase your CPU usage. If you don't have any jobs in the queue and it is still doing it you can try to clear preferences and re-install your output drivers and it should be at or around 0 % again when idle. It could just be caused by a file that is corrupt.

Graphics2u

Product Manager (app2.exe) normally stays at or around 0 when you are not using it. The exception would be if you have several jobs holding in the queue or you are doing something in the RIP & Print or Cut/Plot Windows. When you open Production Manager it has to reload and read all of those jobs that are in the queue and this will increase your CPU usage. If you don't have any jobs in the queue and it is still doing it you can try to clear preferences and re-install your output drivers and it should be at or around 0 % again when idle. It could just be caused by a file that is corrupt.
Thanks for the explanation. I cleaned out alot of jobs I had and that seemed to help alot. I didn't realize that it has to read each one of those jobs when it starts. Thought it was just a list of what is in the Jobs folder.