• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Production Manager Crashing

wedosigns

I am having issues with my production manager not responding about 10% into a very large print.
I am running flexi 7.6, and my print is 140feet long by 4 feet.
Am I just expecting too much from it? Should I break it up into more panels. I just turned firewalls off hoping it helps(after reading other threads). Also I have nothing else running. Computer has 8 gig ram, and graphics card, ect. No stalls at each end.
Any one have any clues or know what the largest file size 7.6 can handle?
Thanks Bruce

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Is it crashing trying to RIP or when it has sent 10% to the printer?
If it is during the Ripping process open up the Windows task manager and see what the memory usage looks like when it starts to go south.
Flexi can't address that 8gig and will start to die right around at around the 2gig limit for 32bit programs (a little higher if you have the large address flag set)
If it is not hitting those limits another thing you can do is check in your preferences where Flexi stores it's temp files and either direct it to a clean large empty folder/drive or clear out the existing one.

If it is crashing on send then it could be a communication error and you might need to check your settings to see if something has been changed as of late.
Post more info on what is going on - someone here will know what to do.

wayne k
guam usa

smdgrfx

I've had the same exact problem. If it's a big file, Flexi can't handle it. I break mine into manageable files.

wedosigns

It is crashing 10-15% into print. It generates job (no prob), rips job(no prob) then starts to print and just stops, head moves to capping station and production manager freezes.

I hit ctrl,alt delete to find out what was running, just flexi and production manager but pm was stated as not responding. But I did turn off the firewall last time it happened. I hope it helps.

I previously had a roland sc500 and a mimaki jv2 loaded as printers. In the last month I have added an epsan 4800, and a roland sc500.

Now if I try to stop and delete a job(something wrong) from any printer, the production manager will crash.( I am still able to stop and delete jobs from the first sc500 installed, no prob).

Mabey I should be printing as soon as it rips? I think there is a setting.

Any help, need more info?
Thanks Bruce