Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Production Manager freezing

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Merle, May 31, 2019.

1. Merle

Merle New Member

May 4, 2019
    Detroit, Mi
    Running HP latex print to cut 115 with HP Production Manager 12 if im not mistaken. Been running this program since february and for some odd reason anytime i click a function the whole program freezes. I have to close the program in task manager. I thought it was my cutter being on the wrong usb port so i tried to chage it but it froze. Then it let me delete the cutter to add it again, but when i went to add a new device it froze again. any help is greatly appreciated.

Tags:
  2. iPrintStuff

iPrintStuff Prints stuff

Sep 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Might not be super helpful, but I’m running onyx and it freezes ALL THE TIME! I think this may be an issue with our IT as whenever I unplug the ethernet cable, it runs fine. I’d maybe try that? Even if it gets the cutter back that should help!

3. Merle

Merle New Member

May 4, 2019
    Detroit, Mi
    Crazy because I run Onyx at my regular job and it freezing as well, but i understand usually what im doing to cause it to freeze. When PM does it I'm usually lost. And my PC isnt even running an ethernet cord. idk

4. Snydo

Snydo Active Member

May 1, 2008
    Mid Michigan
    If you have a ton of completed jobs in your Production Manager list try deleting them, PM gets wonky when it gets low on memory or disk space.

5. Big Rice Field

Big Rice Field Electrical/Architectural Sign Designer

Feb 24, 2012
    Phoenix, AZ USA
    I just read the header and no the topic. I was going to suggest a warm sweater or coat!

6. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    What kind of specs are you running on that computer? Sounds like a resource issue possibly.