• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Production Manager ICC profile creation issue?

CalamityJay

When sending files to test for linearization, the software defaults to the High A setting.

I have been using the High B setting for two years now and creating icc profiles with the default test prints for linearization and characterization.

I only noticed this because I aborted a test print...to see what would happen (it kept the job in the queue!) and then i go into the job properties. This is how i found it defaulted to the high A setting. It defaulted to this setting even when my default setting are on the high b.

I'm thinking this is a problem with the software but I can't really tell. I printed the characterization with a high a setting and a high b setting which created two destinct color settings, which was expected. Now the question is, "WHAT DO TO DO NOW??" Use the high b to scan - or - use the high. We have been using as a default (high a) for two years now in the icc creation??

Any color management experts out there that could lead me in the right direction? As for now i am going to be taking both ways the perverbiale "Y" in the road and see what happends.

Wish me luck. :rock-n-roll:

:wavingflag:

CalamityJay

well i am going to have to do all of the test prints by pausing and resetting to our job defaults. seems PM defaults to highA for every print.

CalamityJay

well my defaults were adding color correction which made the colors vary. Still working on it between other things.