• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

production manager not recognizing contour cut

Nanci

In a few larger files, those with images, the production manager is not recognizing contour cuts. It will print the reg marks, but the plotter file to cut is blank. No contour cut. I have a (2017) Graphtec CE6000 120. And a Mutoh 1624. The flexi version is the mutoh version this year. (10 I believe)

It only happens after I tweak the file quite a bit, with photos, fills, etc. Also, it seems to usually happen when I have an imported photo to superimpose the lettering on for customer approval.

Any ideas? I know I can call flexi, but it's too late today, and hard to find the time for a call-back.

One last thing: when I open a new file, create a simple text, contour it, and send it, PM recognizes it just fine. It cuts the contour. It seems to be something I am doing/not doing in the more complicated files. I'm hoping someone on here might recognize this problem and enlighten me :) thanks.

bannertime

1. Export in Flexi and choose PDF.
  2. Make sure "Suppress Options" is NOT checked. Click Save.
  3. Select "Full Size"
  4. Uncheck "Downsample..."
  5. Uncheck "Include Border..."
  6. Check "Include Contour Cut Paths" (if this option is not present then you don't have contour paths in the file or they aren't selected)
  7. Click Okay.
The pdf file will have the contour paths setup with the typical contour cut naming convention that will work in most RIPs.

For Production Manager users: this is actually a more robust way of importing contour cut files into Production Manager. You can nest multiple contour jobs inside PM instead of setting it up in Flexi. PM will create the cut file with the proper marks. I typically just export right into my PM hot folder to make it faster.

From a previous comment I made. I'd try this. If that doesn't work, then we'll probably need more information. It may be necessary to downsample if you have images over 300 dpi.

Also to make sure it's setup properly. After importing into PM, open the job properties and look in the "Workflow" tab (should be the second one) and make sure "Send Cut Job" is selected and on the right plotter. Also go into the "Labels and Marks" tab and choose your cut marks. i.e. Arms Style 1 All or something like that. You can adjust the margin and mark size in the options button.

Nanci

Tried that. This time it said no cutter found cutlines will be omitted. Never saw that before or maybe it disappeared too fast. This is an off again on again problem. I can get it to work, then it stops working.

Nanci

Closed flexi, tried again, and it worked. Ha. This is driving me crazy. I wonder if there's an update that fixes this. Feels like a glitch to me.

clarizeyale

Yes, I've noticed after some time that if my contour cut is "behind" or "below" other layers, it will not show up in PM but it is there... separate and move that to be "on top" and you should be good :)

bannertime

Yeah, that seems like PM wasn't picking up a cutter to send the file. Double check your physical connections. Every Monday and most Thursdays I'll restart everything if I haven't already done so. Just helps prevent some of those odd bugs. PM shouldn't have a problem with the cut line being behind or in front of the art. Though it's good practice to keep it on top, especially for files with bleeds.

tperuski

issue.jpg
I am having sort of the same issue. As soon as I send it to the PM, I get a pop up from Color Settings Difference. I dont even have a chance to choose a cutter (I have 3). If I just try to contour (without printing) it sends it just fine. Any ideas?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Look up in the top left of the screen and you will see 5 tabs. The one all the way to the right that looks like a blade is where you do the cut settings. It will let you choose the cutter in that window.

bannertime

View attachment 138048 I am having sort of the same issue. As soon as I send it to the PM, I get a pop up from Color Settings Difference. I dont even have a chance to choose a cutter (I have 3). If I just try to contour (without printing) it sends it just fine. Any ideas?

Go into the last menu options before sending. The little knife. And change the setting to Contour Only.

gabagoo

I use a much older flexi program, but have found that when I rip and print, anything grouped such as contour cuts will not get printed unless they are ungrouped. Strange but true

tperuski

Look up in the top left of the screen and you will see 5 tabs. The one all the way to the right that looks like a blade is where you do the cut settings. It will let you choose the cutter in that window.
That little window pops up before I can even pick a cutter. So if i choose one of the options in the window, the cutting details are omitted anyway.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
That little window pops up before I can even pick a cutter. So if i choose one of the options in the window, the cutting details are omitted anyway.

That window shouldn't pop up until you hit send. I have never seen it do that. See the picture below just in case there is a miscommunication. You click the blade and set the cutter before sending the job.

upload_2018-12-14_13-41-40.png

tperuski

Because both options state "Details Omitted", it will print, but it won't cut as there are not cut instructions......