• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

production manager "setup inactive" message?

iSign

I've been sending print/cut files to my mimaki equipment out of flexi for close to 2 years now & have always had the cut files stack up in the production manager & wait there days or weeks until the job is cured, laminated & ready to be cut. (usually next day... but not always)

Anyway, this has worked consistently until this week. When a cut file was selected in production manager & the cutter had found the registration marks & was in "remote"... I went through the next step in the software to send the job & the status line switched from "holding" to "setup inactive" This has happened 3 times now & the jobs still show up in production manager, so I hope I can salvage those cuts, but I don't want to print anything else needing cuts until I resolve this.

I made sure my serial cable was still plugged in all the way, but am not sure what else to check.

Anyone familiar with this?

cdiesel

Doug,

Not familiar with mimaki, but with our roland, we have had situations where the original rip data was deleted. We were able to re-rip the file without printing, thus creating new cut data, and use that to cut. Maybe worth a shot?

iSign

Thanks, I could send a cut again, but one of my jobs I set up a repeat, resize & rotate, that wasn't saved... so that 20sq. ft. print/cut file can not be recreated. It's not a big deal to reprint it... but I want to find out what is causing this issue & how to stop it, because so far it has screwed 3 cuts in a row & a 4th is also waiting in the que. The first 2 were easy enough to hand cut. the third is still in the plotter, & the 4th has not be sent, so still shows the ''holding" status.

thewood

Doug, this may be a silly question, but do you have the box checked next to the plotter setup in Pro Manager? If not, this will give you the setup inactive error. Also, do you have your cut jobs in Production Manager set to delete after output? I have mine set to hold until I manually delete them. This has saved my arse many a time. That way, if you encounter a setup inactive error or the plotter doesn't read your marks properly, you don't lose the cut job. I learned this the hard way. Keep us updated.

iSign

I can't wait to go check that out!!
I would expect it to be something simple like that.
I have a new guy running it now, & he is a talented guy & quick learner... but for all his years in the sign trade... computer work is not where he has the bulk of his experience, so clicking his way around new software & accidentally toggling off on a checkbox could easily have happened.

I do have my settings to hold, not delete.

ChicagoGraphics

The easy way to fix your problem is by a seperate rip.... I use to use flexi pro
with my Roland allways had some kind of issue with it

iSign

actually the easy way was to re-check the box next to my cutter in production manager... doh!

I remember now that this happened once before when my previous employee assigned to run my printer accidently mis-clicked when highlighting the cutter to bring up the cut jobs.

cdiesel

It's always those stupid little obvious things that are the hardest to figure out! Glad you got it fixed..