• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

production manager won't delete jobs after cutting

dzign

I'm using Flexisign 6.6.1 on mac in classic OS while running OS 10.3.9.
The production manager keeps jobs but it is set in preferences to delete after cutting. Even when I try to manually delete them, they stay put. All different flow controls in port setup have same problem. I've tried reinstalling flexi, clearing preferences, deleting prefences in the System Folder, etc. The problem seems to go away when I reboot in OS9.2. I have several volumes with the same setup on it and they all produce the same result. This problem only started occuring recently, I think after a crash. I'm using a usb serial adapter and a usb hub. My guess it's hardware related, and am going to investigate my cables.

Geary

I have LXi (made by Flexi) with Mac OS 10.2.8. Are you sure you are selecting to delete in the Production manager "floating window" ....or on the small window that's part of the main cut page?

~gear

dzign

I'm setting it up to 'delete after cutting' in preferences, under the edit menu, while in PM. It has always worked before, this is a new problem, and after years of use. I also try to delete jobs using the trash can icon in PM and the delete key. They still pop back in. Occasionally they do delete.

Geary

Okay then. Well, looks like it's time to delete the program and re-install it.

Oh, wait! Did you go into OS9 and delete all the Flexi preferences and the system prefs then restart?

~Gear

dzign

I may not have tried that at the same time, so I'll try that. Somebody's going to get a really warm fuzzy if they can help me figure this out. It's not like a major problem, just annoying and I fear it might be leading to something worse.

-John

dzign

Wow! I've messed with this for 4 days running, and it looks like that did it Geary. I'll let you know if it re-occurs. Thanx buddy!

Geary

Yeah, bud, seems like if I get a rash of that kind of thing happening....my fix is to run DiskWarrior (or your favorite utilities program) more than once or twice..... and/or upgrade my RAM.

My old 'puter Guru told me a long time ago.... "you can't have enough random access memory....it makes for a slipperier brain. " :)

~gear

dzign

I use Disk Warrior myself. I run it from another volume once though, so sounds like good advice. I have 2GB ram, can't put in more than that in my G4. For backups I use Propaganda.com's Deja Vu.

I have Mac and Windows 'puters. I toggle between both, but I really like the feel of the Mac's operating system (Panther). It'll be cool to see what Vista's like.