• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help ProEdge Systems Out of Business? Anything else available?

Signprospa

Hello all,

We occasionally have a need to use plastic edge framing on foamboard, gatorboard, etc. and have used ProEdge Systems (proedgesystems.com). We usually purchase the edging in a tube and hand install (for small jobs) or we have a friend with a ProEdge machine cut and apply (for larger jobs). Recently, we learned they went out of business. Does anyone know of another system available that does the same thing?

Thank you,
Todd

CanDoASign4U

Hello all,

We occasionally have a need to use plastic edge framing on foamboard, gatorboard, etc. and have used ProEdge Systems (proedgesystems.com). We usually purchase the edging in a tube and hand install (for small jobs) or we have a friend with a ProEdge machine cut and apply (for larger jobs). Recently, we learned they went out of business. Does anyone know of another system available that does the same thing?

Thank you,
Todd
I believe TRIM USA in North Carolina carries that type of system. Check them out online at http://trimusa.com/ .They refer to it as their Perimeter Trim System.

tulsagraphics

Wow, that sucks. They didn't even bother to send out an email to their existing customers. Guess I'd better take extra good care of those trimmer blades since I won't be able to get replacements. (I own one of their expensive trim cutters. Spent nearly $2k on that order, including an extra set of dies). Arrrrrrrr!

tulsagraphics

They're out of business because of UPS? They never heard of Fedex?
Maybe someone didn't pay their freight bills. I asked ProEdge to ship using my FedEx account in the past, and they were quick to say that could only ship by UPS. Have you ever noticed their inflated shipping rates? Perhaps someone at their company treated it as a profit center, got behind on their bill and eventually it caught up with them. In this game, you can't afford to burn more than 1 bridge when there are only (realistically) 2 shipping carriers available. For example, ProEdge would often charge $35 to 38 in shipping for a single (60pc) tube of trim (from Missouri to Oklahoma), so they definitely had some profit margin built into that.

I called Trim USA a few minutes ago (Thanks, CanDoASign4U) and their shipping cost (from North Carolina to Oklahoma) for the same quantity was only $17.25. Noel from TrimUSA also said their trim should be compatible with ProEdge's cutter (I ordered a sample pack from them to make sure). TrimUSA doesn't make their own trim, but I'm fine with that as long as the prices are reasonable (basic gloss black trim from TrimUSA = $3.15/stick, minimum 60pcs -- which is less than ProEdge @ $3.49/stick.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
We found out a few months ago that ProEdge was going away. Also found out that it's patented and that owner of the patent at the time had no plans to let it go. Will probably hold out for $$.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
A big thank you to all who lead me to Trim USA. Sent them an email requesting samples. Two days later the samples came in and we're golden. The frames work fine with the ProEdge trimmer tools we had already. Placing our order today!
p.s. no one gets a finders fee or commission. lol

MGB_LE

This thread is still helping people in January 2024! Just discovered yesterday that ProEdge Systems went out of business. We've used our system only a handful of times since about 2005. I just contacted TrimUSA to order more trim.