• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Profile Changes.. how do you handle?

Bigdawg

Just Me
We have had some profile issues and the bottom line is we've been running on a less-than-stellar custom profile that is too heavy on the red in the gray areas. It came to a head on a job today that is printing purple instead of gray.

I've created a new profile that looks pretty darn good.All the colors look better. And it is what we'll run with from now on. But I have a BUNCH of jobs that printed with the old profile - and the customers were happy with it.

So how does your shop handle a profile change... even an updated Generic profile can run differently than it did previously. My plan is to hang onto the old profile - named Old Profile - and use it on jobs that have to match up to something. Any thoughts on a better way?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We now sometimes name the new profile after the customer for which it was targeted. Someone new come along might not understand your 'old' and 'new' names. Believe me, I did this and it doesn't make any sense to Jeremy. He's still finding old names and profiles asking me.... what does this mean ??

I dunno.......... :rolleyes: