• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Profile difference

4R Graphics

I noticed when I go to Oracal and most of the others that when I search the profiles section to download a profile that they are all in 720. What happens if I print a graphic in 360X540 from Flexi but use the 720 profile from Oracal and just manually change the Resolution in the drop down box? As you may tell from this question that I am kinda new to the print stuff. I have a pretty good grip on it but little things like this have come up and I am not sure. I would just try different stuff but I have found that sometimes all seems to be good and then BAM the job your getting paid for is the one that screws up.

So can someone shed some light on this for me?

4R Graphics

Bump
Gotta lot of views but no reply.
Does anyone have an idea I cant try it until Tuesday so I was hoping someone could give me some insight as to what I may expect when I try this.

Freese

I would say as long as you have time and substrate to burn, the best way is to test it and compare. Sorry couldn't help otherwise.

4R Graphics

Thats what I will be doing tomorrow just was hoping someone could give me a clue as to what to expect and perhaps how to tweek.

eye4clr

mismatching the profile's resolution and the print resolution will likely produce some pretty ugly results.

the huge majority of profiles are made for 720 because that is the most common use and most printers can not produce something sell-able for most customers at lower resolutions.