Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Profile for Duratex 8mil Polypropelene Film?

Discussion in 'RIP Software & Color Management' started by PrintQueen, Oct 26, 2020.

1. PrintQueen

PrintQueen Member

Aug 13, 2019
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Wondering if anyone is using Grimco's Duratex 8mil double-sided display film? We're using an HP Latex 365 printer, and I'm curious if anyone has a profile they'd be willing to share Grimco doesn't have any mention of what profile to use, HP's media locator doesn't pull up Duratex, I've tried the generic profile on the printer, as well as the profile for DAF Polypropylene Blockout Film (both 8mil pp films).....color looks good but it's only loaded 16pass into the printer, and I don't have that kind of time to wait for the types of prints we'll be running on the material hahah.. figured I'd throw it out there to see if/what others were doing... will probably just try to clone or modify this DAF profile and call it a day...

anyway, cheers, happy monday.

Tags:
  2. WYLDGFI

WYLDGFI Merchant Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Linden, NJ
    Can you do a manual modification of the profile....dupe it and open up other pass counts? We do that all the time with our 1500s. Add higher or lower pass counts.....

3. balstestrat

balstestrat Member

Aug 25, 2020
    Europe
    I would probably just look for any other similar profile that has the speed that you are looking for. Not sure about the material you have but you probably can't profile it anyways so better of with a ready profile with some ICC.

• Agree Agree x 1