• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Profile for luster poster paper?

SIGNTIME

We bought a roll of OCE Outdoor poster paper 212gsm to print a few posters for one of our customers, but have never print on poster material before. What profile works best for this material in VW? I tried photo semi gloss paper profile but it printed like crap.

LarryB

Good luck trying to figure it out. The only paper I have gotten to print on the Roland is the paper from Roland. Everything else sticks to itself especially using the take up reel. Whenever people want posters I just print them on my regular decal material - Oracal 3640. I'm sure it is a little more expensive than paper but I can knock them out quick and not have to worry about paper sticking on itself.

sar bossier

I have a Roland, and print on GLOSSY poster paper. I use the GPPG white glossy photo paper setting. The setting right below that is GPPM, photo matte paper ... Try that one?

SIGNTIME

will do... I called the manufacture and they gave me the web address to their profiles but they are all for pro 2 and wont open in vw:banghead:

SIGNTIME

here is what it is doing ... on vinly that blotchiness isn't there looks perfect, on this poster paper it looks like i sprayed alcohol on the film while it was printing

Attachments

• IMAG0761.jpg
    IMAG0761.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 91

SIGNTIME

yea head hieght is at lowest setting and I have tried different quailities on different media settings I have tried with no heat and with high heat.... I now think there is to much ink being laid I will have to do some more testing but this isn't looking to good

sar bossier

Wow - sorry you're having so many problems - it sounds like the media to me. I have printed quite a few posters, they turn out really nice, with rich even colors.

ChicagoGraphics

It might be the paper your trying to print on, I would try Sihl products, I don't have a Roland but when ever I do posters/paper signs I use Sihl Trisolv mates & gloss papers and they look fantasic.

sar bossier

Never tried Sihl ... My current roll, I got from Proveer - Magic Intelicoat. Love it!! Too bad I can't get it from Proveer anymore - haven't checked with Grimco yet to see if they will carry it ...