• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Profile for Small Print

hailo

Hello! I'm having issues with print quality of small stickers. I'm almost positive its my profile. I have an sp 300v and I always use Oracal 3164 gloss material for stickers. However, we keep seeing overspray and even some banding. I have tried different setting adjustments in versaworks but I'm running out of options and patience. Can someone please please advise? Stickers are typically multi colored and have detail.
Thank you in advance!

sfr table hockey

I am running a Converted CJ 500 and always need to print small decals in the best print mode (super or photo). Takes a lot longer but the fine detail is there. Also you may find using higher grade media can print better as well. So the smaller the detail the higher quality print setting is needed. Find a profile in the best print mode and try it ir is it more you can't find one for that media?

Overspray can be static and if you can lower the heads that can help.

hailo

What would higher grade media consist of? I have never ventured out of the material I have mentioned. That would be worth looking into. I have the profile for the Oracal 3164 but it is even worse for me. Thanks for your response!

sfr table hockey

I print most of my decals on oracal 751 cast (which says it's for thermal printing) but it prints great with solvent and you can almost print without heat and get a good print. Any cast media should print better or even a matte vinyl tends to print better.

Jackpine

we keep seeing over spray and even some banding.
Do a cleaning or head soak.
Print in higher (quality) resolution uni direction.

Custom_Grafx

Calibrate your bi-di, feed calib.

Make some copies of existing profile templates, and play with your total ink limits in media profiles and see how you go.

Also make sure your nozzles are all firing ok do a nozzle test print and clean if required.

Try slower head speeds, higher/lower heat, more passes, etc.

Tim

sounds to me like your encoder strip just needs to be cleaned. take it out, wipe it down(just with a nice clean rag) and put it back. you can turn it upside down if you never have. Should print like new!
Good luck