• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Profile settings to us with 20# plotter paper?

TorturdChaos

Well we had a HP 450c plotter we used for simple line drawings but it refuses to print blank ink now. So we have been printing all of those on our Roland SP-540v printer with the ECO-Sol MAX ink, but the only paper we had until recently was premium matte or gloss paper. Well one of our suppliers came up with some 20# color bond plotter paper he has hear of other people running through this same machine. So I have been trying it using different paper settings, but I can't get the lines to come out crisp. They are all a bit blurry. I have been playing with the MattePET profile and the Photo Matte Paper profile, but neither seem to work.

I don't really have any experience tweaking profiles or the tools to make a new one. Anyone have and suggestions to get a good print on 20# plotter paper??

Assuming that this 20# paper is intended to use with traditional aqueous ink (the type of ink in your HP plotter), you are not going to achieve acceptable line quality with the solvent inks that Roland markets. As you are experiencing, the EcoSol ink will wick and bleed, making it incompatible with the paper that you are using. Only solvent paper (coated for solvent) is compatible with solvent ink.

TorturdChaos

I was afraid of that. But was hoping with some tweaking I could get semi-decent quality. Most of this stuff is just color coded for engineers, and high quality isn't necessary.