• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Profiles for Epson printers

psbc2009

Looking at purchasing a new Epson Printer. One of my holdups is finding profiles that will work with Flexi.
Having a hard time finding any out there. With my mutoh's there are literally hundreds of profiles out there and I have chosen the few that work well for me. I have looked at the printers and like what I see. Still thinking about a new Valuejet as well but after seeing the Epson it is making me think twice.
How are the Epson printers holding up out there? How is there service?
Thanks!

psbc2009

We primarily print on 13oz forward wound from Grimco, Avery Wrap, General Formulations 201/203, Sihl 3686, canvas, and Phototex. Looking at S40 or S60

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
No problems with our S80. Colours are phenomenal, quality is basically photo equivalent.

I've got plenty of Epson profiles we've made, but all for Onyx.
To be honest, the machine is very forgiving between media types.
You could probably run one for vinyl, one for banner and one for canvas and still look as good or better than 95% of other printers out there.

• Agree
Reactions: BVG

psbc2009

Looks like most Epson users are running Onyx. Is there anyone out there that will go onsite and make several custom profiles for me?
Who does the service work for epson? The one thing I don't like about Mutoh is the fact all of there service is 3rd party. The last guy from Belle and Howe did not have a clue about my printer. I know they do not break often but when something does I want service that knows my printer and is comfortable working on them.

unclebun

The Epson S series come with Onyx GamaPrint RIP. We went ahead and purchased Onyx's Production House to get more capabilities. There are plenty of profiles available at Onyx's website to download. And out of the box, they are all pretty good, in my experience. We actually use profiles across several media, and it is good. We do have the capability of making our own profiles, and have made some special profiles for certain uses, but our everyday vinyl profile we use is one I downloaded from Onyx. There are people who will make profiles custom for you, but when I looked into it 11 years ago, the cost was prohibitive. It was cheaper to buy an i1 than to have two profiles made.

Epson service is handled by Epson only. (Actually they contract it to Decision One). You call Epson and they dispatch Decision One to do the service. It is worth it to maintain a service contract agreement.

Some RIPS (Onyx, Caldera, Erogsoft, etc.) support the Epson Control Dashboard and Epson's Contone drivers, this allows you to download ICC profiles from media manufacturers like 3M, Avery, Sihl, etc. and use them with any RIP that supports both the ECD and Epson's contone driver If the RIP supports EDC then it will most likely also have the Contone Driver support).

Here is a link on how to configure ECD for an Epson SureColor printer:

Epson Control Dashboard Installation/configuration

31legen

Looking for a profile for an s80600 that can get as close as possible to a Fluor yellow. I know it won't get there all the way but I'm convinced it's possible with the capabilities of this printer. Also what rgb value are you guys using for a Fluor yellow.

swordguy3222

All the profiles I've made are for colorgate rip. Best print gammut I've seen, and if you have an i1, you can just scan your target colour and match it that way.