• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Profiling Caldera & Flexi - which i1?

ChrisN

We are wanting to start making profiles for our printers, and I've been given the go-ahead to purchase an i1 Pro 2. Now, I'm trying to decide which one to get. We run our solvent printers with Flexi, and our UV printer with Caldera. The i1 Pro 2 is supported by both RIPs, but there are 3 different bundles available – Basic, Photo, and Publish. I've heard say that for Flexi, the Basic bundle will work, but I'm not sure about Caldera. We have EasyMedia, so will Basic be all we need?

If you will be creating the Media Configuration entirely within the RIP, the i1 Basic is all that you will need. Both the SAi and Caldera RIPs include the ability to build the entire media configuration, so you should be good to go with the basic version. Some RIPs, such as Roland Versaworks and Wasatch SoftRIP do not include the ICC creation, so for those RIPs, a higher level i1 package would be needed.

ChrisN

If you will be creating the Media Configuration entirely within the RIP, the i1 Basic is all that you will need. Both the SAi and Caldera RIPs include the ability to build the entire media configuration, so you should be good to go with the basic version. Some RIPs, such as Roland Versaworks and Wasatch SoftRIP do not include the ICC creation, so for those RIPs, a higher level i1 package would be needed.

Thanks, that's what I was thinking. I just wanted to make sure.