• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Profiling in M1 mode with a polarizing filter

alexcim

I have an i1Basic Pro 3 Plus and I need to profile a textile that has a bit of specular reflection when being measured.

I know that M3 mode can be combined with the polarising filter, but I don't want to profile under M3 mode because it cuts UV from the light (and the effect of OBA's) for measurement and our products are used outdoors (they are marquees) so they will always be viewed under conditions that have UV light.

So I want to use M1 mode, but *with* the polarizing filter to remove any specular reflections. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Based on this document, it seems not?

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
Does anyone know if this is possible?
You're asking for an unnecessary mode because it seems you have a misunderstanding of the "UV" aspects. However, there is nothing preventing you from experimenting by reading your target swatches in all available modes to learn which work best for your applications.

Good luck.

alexcim

Would you please elaborate on what I've misunderstood? It's a significant effort and cost for me to profile as I'm working with sublimation - so prefer to be best educated before doing it again.

My stock is a textile that contains optical brighteners and is always viewed outdoors where UV is present. I don't want to cut the effect of the OBA's (because all viewing conditions have them), but I do want to cut the effect of the first surface reflections. Therefore, it does not line up with any profiling mode here?

Attachments

• first-surface-reflections.png
    first-surface-reflections.png
    95.2 KB · Views: 72
Last edited: